Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Am Back

Hi everyone. I apologize for M.I.A status. Life happens and it sure did for me. Although I may have posted blog posts on my other blogs; I have been thinking about a lot of things:

 I lost touch on the Occupy Wall Street like a lot of people here in NYC. Seeing the movement going out of control with people defecating the streets and mentioning incessantly the 1%, I thought about a lot of things and listened to a few people's opinions on it. One person said "why not boycott the corporations?" and I thought "yeah why not?" Why not drop out of their factories and unite all the people you can to stay strong and stand until we can't stand strong?

 These people who sit down and talk about this movement: they have a finger on it. We here in the U.S. participate in a system where we only think about ourselves as consumers rather than acknowledge we need each other to keep this system alive. We need people in factories to keep manufacturing everyday objects we use today. We need people to teach and keep educating little people to keep making new things. We need each other but we forget that concept when we think about buying that new hot Gucci bag (or whatever brand you want to call it, I don't care).  We should do more than just open doors for each other and help each other up when we trip. We don't live in individual cubicles. We are worlds within a world.

So spread a little kindness. Someone will appreciate it and it will spread. Give that homeless woman a 5 dollar bill. Clothes you don't wear anymore, give them to a church or the goodwill. Do something rather than say it and do nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment